Saying “I do” to the Marriage of D&I and Innovation: A D&I Practitioner’s Guide to Inclusion Innovation Labs and Human Centered Design
Day 2Session Code: S4-L
When: April 11, 2018
Location/Room: 200 E
Track: Innovation & Transformation
Presenters: Nadia Younes, Rupert Organizational Design | Rebekah Steele, Rebekah Steele | Diversity Breakthroughs
Along D&I’s bumpy evolution, you grapple with successes balanced with setbacks, best practices compared with less-than-best results, and progress weighed against unfulfilled needs. D&I Innovation Labs, with a human-centered design core, tap into diverse wisdom to generate innovations that can deliver D&I’s full value.
In this workshop, participants will explore how to:
- Reveal insights and empathy via poetry and storytelling.
- Unleash creativity via visual arts and visioning.
- Overcome limits using positive disruptions.
- Elevate innovations with cross-fertilized refinements.
- Activate next steps via an app.
Additionally, learn to co-create innovations using human-centered design for real challenges.
- Build a D&I practitioner creative commons for continuous sharing and innovation to stay relevant as we rise to our greatest challenges.
- Expand D&I value beyond human resources.
- Use our collective power to influence public policy supporting D&I’s mission.
- Support middle managers in driving meaningful D&I results.
- Gain inspiration from how D&I Innovation Labs are creating fresh value at International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Redefine what’s possible with transformative mind shifts about D&I frameworks.
- Make stubborn problems solvable with human-centered co-design.
- Boost insight, creative confidence, and co-innovation with arts and positive disruption.
- Elevate comfort with ambiguity, failures, setbacks, and iterations.
- Generate D&I innovations in real time with collective intelligence and collaborative creativity, and galvanize a new network among participants.
- Prepare for implementation to bring innovations to life.