(Canceled) Leadership Development for Employee Resource Group (ERG) Leaders: How Do We Empower, Engage and Sustain Leaders for Continued ERG Success?
Day 2Session Code: S1-D
When: March 11, 2020
Track: Leadership Development
Presenters: Dr. Amy Seegmiller Renner, Mayo Clinic | Dr. Karishma Rajani, Mayo Clinic | Lorelei Bandel, Mayo Clinic | Monica Coyle, Mayo Clinic | Heidi Borgwardt, Mayo Clinic
THIS SESSION HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Employee resource groups (ERGs) are employee-based groups, typically formed organically out of the need for employees to create relationships with people of similar backgrounds. ERGs are powerful tools to boost diversity, drive strategy, innovate, develop and showcase leadership skills [Welbourne,T et al (2016), Lundgren, A., & Berkoff, A. (2017)]. Leading an ERG can be exhilarating and challenging at the same time. ERG leaders need to be able to utilize leadership skills with a focus on communication, strategic planning and leading by influence without direct supervision.
This hands-on, interactive session will engage attendees by presenting best practices for ERG leaders to develop, enhance and engage their leadership skills. Attendees will gain foundational knowledge regarding the:
- Formation of succession planning and engagement models
- Creation of a board structure
- Development of an onboarding process for new board members
- Leadership development practices
- Examine leadership development practices necessary for continued success of an ERG
- Compare and contrast the effectiveness and utility of ERG best practices
- Generate action items to take back to your ERG