Mind the Gap: How to Make Global Virtual Teams Work
Day 2Session Code: S2-F
When: March 11, 2020
Track: Global Diversity
Presenters: Kristy Beckman, HB Fuller | Mary Beth Lamb, ECCO International | Dr. Amy Tolbert, ECCO International
Prerequisite: Participants should have experience working in and leading global virtual teams
Is global teamwork your global nightmare? Are you:
- exhausted by virtual meetings that go nowhere?
- frustrated with team members who miss deadlines and don’t hold each other accountable
- unsure what milestones your global team has accomplished, if any?
If so, you’re not alone. Most cross-cultural virtual teams don’t achieve their goals, even when they blow through their deadlines and budgets. But there’s good news: global teams can work—and even outperform co-located teams, when they know how to stay A.L.I.V.E.
Hear from Kristy Beckman, Director, Program Management Office at H.B. Fuller Company, about how she manages virtual global teams and the efforts she manages on a global basis for the organization. Join us for this practical, interactive session with three experts who have a combined 90 years of experience building virtual teams that get it done right the first time.
- Identify the top challenges facing global virtual teams
- Share proven best practices for virtual team success
- Create a personal action plan to ensure peak global virtual team results