Emerge Stronger: Architecting a More Inclusive and Equitable Future of Work
Day 4Session Code: S6-B
When: March 11, 2021
Track: DEI Strategy
Presenters: Jennifer Brown, Jennifer Brown Consulting | Shavondalyn Givens, NASA | Tiffany Yu, Diversability | Gearah Goldstein, The GenderCool Project | Jennifer Brown Consulting | Keesha Jean-Baptiste, Hearst Magazines | Ryan Lathrum, Wunkerkind
The COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging for all, and the impact has been more significant for some than for others. Far from an “equalizer,” the pandemic magnified pre-existing social inequities tied to various diversity dimensions. Minorities and marginalized groups are particularly vulnerable to more severe impacts, as economic disparities rooted in systemic inequalities compound the effects.
From the pages of Jennifer Brown Consulting’s newest white paper, “Emerge Stronger,” this interactive panel discussion highlights the collective wisdom, insights, and tools shared by a collaborative community of DEI champions that formed during the early days of the pandemic. This session will explore:
• How can we use the DEI lens as a powerful tool to tackle an uncertain, unpredictable future of work?
• How can we support those being disproportionately affected?
• How do we keep the focus on multiple streams and multiple identities at once and make them feel valued on a consistent basis?
• Create an inclusive and equitable culture of belonging within your organization in the next normal
• Use the DEI lens as a powerful tool to tackle what is an uncertain and unpredictable future of work
• Learn ways to continue to lead inclusively through times of crisis