Engage Men as Allies in Gender Parity: Let’s Be Change Agents Together
Day 3Session Code: S5-E
When: March 10, 2021
Track: Innovation & Transformation
Presenters: Dr. Michael Baran, Iris Inclusion | Missy Chicre, Menttium Corporation | Timothy Meyer, Respicardia | Natalie McGrady, Cargill
Why is it critical to engage men in advancing women in the workplace? How can men and women work TOGETHER to create inclusion? How do subtle acts of exclusion limit the possibility for gender equity? What does it mean to be an ally?
Get answers to these questions as presenters from Menttium and inQUEST discuss how they teamed up on a groundbreaking new program, Women Mentoring Men: Standing Together for Change. In today’s VUCA world fraught with multiple crises, we know women are underrepresented at every level of the corporate pipeline and are disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. To transform our workplaces, we need men to be allies and join together with women to disrupt current systems because:
• When men are actively involved in gender diversity, 96 percent of companies report progress.
• Men who have women mentors are more aware of gender bias.
Hear from a mentor and mentee from the Women Mentoring Men program to learn firsthand about their lessons, key insights and how they are leading differently.
• Discover how you can engage men as allies in gender parity
• Learn how to stand up and speak out in safer and more productive ways in your workplace
• Understand practical actions you can take to be an advocate: be inspired!