Using LEAN Principles to Solve for Inequity in a World of Unknowns
Day 3Session Code: S6-C
When: April 7, 2022
Track: Diversity Leadership
Presenters: Mythily Mahadevan, LEAN n’ Diversity LLC | Rodney Austin, Rod Austin Consulting
Prerequisite: Attendees should bring their: DEI strategic plan; initiatives and metrics used to measure success of the DEI strategy; top 2–3 challenges they’re facing related to inequity in the workplace
This session provides the approach to create systems and principle-based behaviors that drive and sustain a culture that embraces diversity and optimizes inclusion. The LEAN leadership system drives commitment and accountability to support the vision of workplace inclusion and equity.
Participants will learn how to:
1) Build the systems that instill mindsets and beliefs to drive the desired behaviors to sustain DEI and create a sense of belonging
2) Create a culture of continuous DEI improvement to act and sustain both small changes (daily improvements) and large-scale changes
3) Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the DEI strategy by identifying and instilling the behaviors that are required to sustain the model
Participants will walk away with practical application of systems and tools such as the Prioritization/Deselection Strategic Model, Strategic Initiative A3, Problem Solving A3, and the Idea Systems.
• Build systems and create mindsets that sustain the desired DEI behaviors
• Create a culture of continuous DEI improvement
• Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the DEI strategy using voice-of-the-customer approach