Will Tech Take Your Job? Creating Gender Equity and Inclusion in the Future Workplace
20-minute Trend Talk
Day 1Session Code: TT1-A
When: April 5, 2022
Track: DEI Strategy
Presenter: Dr. Zara Nanu, Gapsquare
In this session, Dr. Zara Nanu will explore the future of work and how tech must adapt to avoid embedding inequality. Pulling from her roles as both the CEO of pay equity analytics innovator Gapsquare, and a council member for Equity and Social Justice at the World Economic Forum, Dr. Nanu will speak to us about the jobs ‘at risk’ in the new world and the impact this will have on women and diverse groups at work. She will conclude by sharing how we can do better.
This discussion will consider:
– Gender equality at work today and tomorrow: What is the picture for our workforces?
– The impact of tech and disappearing jobs: Are women’s jobs more at risk?
– How and why the problem of equity and gender inequality might be unintentionally embedded as we innovate
– The place of data, analytics, and AI in helping you plan for a fairer future of work
• Understand the current gender equity and inclusion picture at work
• Leave the session with the intentions and tools to build equality into workplace innovation
• Begin to understand the importance of data and AI in building better workplaces