Measuring Inclusion: Analytics and Insights for DEIB-Enabled Business Leaders
Day 3Session Code: S7-B
When: March 29, 2023
Track: DEI Strategy
Presenters: Laraine McKinnon, Emtrain | Leann Kang Pereira, Emtrain
Prerequisite: Helpful to understand the domains of behavioral science and learning and organization development, including data fluency
Technology innovation and new findings in social science are uncovering key insights for business leaders tasked with improving diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in their organizations. Research on social capital — workplace relationship dynamics between individuals and teams — reveals a set of teachable, measurable, and predictable competencies that improve workplace inclusion.
Using 100 million employee perception datapoints, we’ll explore current data trends around social indicators. We’ll delve into key competencies like Mitigating Bias, Embracing Interculturalism, Encouraging Empathy, Advancing Allyship, and Maintaining Accountability. We’ll show how these indicators show up for individuals, teams, and organizations, and how Inclusion, Belonging, and Respect can be scored, measured, benchmarked — and how they can predict business metrics around engagement, attrition, and claims. We’ll help DEIB practitioners with practical takeaways to influence their fellow business leaders.
In this session, we will:
1. Reveal a new model of 16 key competencies that drive workplace inclusion
2. Take a deeper dive into real-world situations, scores, competencies, and business outcomes
3. Help practitioners connect inclusive practices to desired business results
• Learn 16 key competencies across workplace culture themes of belonging, inclusion, respect, and resilience that create an inclusive workplace
• Understand how inclusion can be measured through social indicators, and how scores can predict business outcomes like attrition
• Gain skills to assess inclusion and identify actions to influence business leaders and improve outcomes in your organization