Where: Online/Video Conference
Cost: $30 Suggested Donation
Track: D&I Strategy
Presenters: Candi Castleberry, Amazon | Bill Proudman, White Men as Full Diversity Partners/FDP Global | Howard Ross, Udarta Consulting | Regina Speed-Bost, SB Law, PLLC | Sandra S. Yamate, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession (IILP)
Time reference above is in Central Daylight Time (CDT)
We are experiencing amplified division and chaos around concepts central to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Anti-racism and white privilege are becoming increasingly politicized, especially as the US prepares itself for the upcoming presidential election.
How does this resistance show up in your workplace and in your DEI initiatives? How do we continue to bridge divides that seem to be increasingly polarized? And, how will you prepare your workplace for the aftermath of the election, whatever the outcome?
Moderated by WMFDP’s CEO and co-founder Bill Proudman, with guests Candi Castleberry Singleton (Vice President of Diversity Partnership Strategy & Engagement of Twitter), Howard Ross (Udarta Consulting), Regina Speed-Bost (Founder and Managing Partner of SB Law, PLLC), and Sandra S. Yamate (CEO of Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession) will explore these questions and the unique challenges facing workplaces in the US right now.
- Learn what fear and resistance sound like and reveal in the workplace
- Be clear on why DEI work matters, especially right now
- Build up your resolve and your internal change agents
Resources & External Links
- The man behind Trump’s campaign against ‘critical race theory’ – Yahoo! News
- Coalition Letter on Executive Order 13950 – US Chamber of Commerce
- Business Groups Urge Trump to Withdraw Order on Diversity Training – WSJ
- Recommended Responses to the Executive Order Banning Anti-Racism Training for Federal Contractors – The Winter’s Group
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Work is American – WMAFD