Current employment opportunities
Registrar/Administrative Coordinator (Full Time)
A program of Augsburg University in Minneapolis, Minnesota, The Forum on Workplace Inclusion designs and convenes programming for professionals seeking strategies, resources, and stretch opportunities for personal, professional, and organizational development. Over the past 33 years, our flagship conference has grown to become the largest and one of the most highly-valued workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) learning experiences in the United States, bringing cross-sector leaders together to share practices, exchange ideas, and engage in experiential learning.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
To be a contributing member of the Forum team by coordinating registration, database management and revenue management using Cvent program, and general office, staff and conference support. Deliver customer service needs through phone calls, emails and other avenues of communication.
- Create Cvent, Qualtrics, virtual platform registration databases for attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and other Forum audiences as well as manage all additions, edits and cleanup as necessary. Prepare registration and demographics reports as requested. Troubleshoot calls and other issues that may arise. Manage onsite registration at the annual conference and other events including troubleshooting, handling onsite payments and supervising registration volunteers. (35%)
- Track prepaid registrations, scholarships and other financial transactions to ensure accuracy in record keeping as well as work with the Development and Business Offices to ensure accuracy and tracking of information submitted. (15%)
- Responsible for administrative revenue processes, including creating/updating invoice templates for each event. Prepare and send invoices. Assist Assistant Director of Finance and Operations with the processing of credit card payments. (10%)
- Customer service through phone and email support for conference and other event audiences. (10%)
- Assist Assistant Director of Development in creating CVENT-based sponsor, exhibitor, advertiser reports (5%)
- Assist Program Associate with webinars and evaluation reports. (5%)
- General office support including office supplies, meeting schedules, catering orders and other duties to keep the Forum office running smoothly (5%)
- With assistance of business development director, marketing director and program associate, manage and update Forum webpages related to all aspects of conference, marketplace and other event registration. With assistance of marketing director, create, format and send registration-related e-blasts through CVENT. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Under general supervision of the Assistant Director of Finance and Operations, provide administrative support for The Forum on Workplace Inclusion conference and other annual, year-long events. This position works collaboratively with team members to create, update and execute invoicing processes through Cvent; record all revenue and reconcile and prepare reports for the Assistant Director of Finance and Operations, executive director and others; set up and coordinate all registration processes to track attendees, sponsors, speakers, exhibitors and other audiences through Cvent, Qualtrics and virtual platform(s). It provides conference and event support including tracking of event information, scholarships and other information critical for event success. Acting onsite registrar for conference and other events. In charge of database management. Assist as needed with website updates, processing credit card payments, webinars and evaluation reports. General office assistance in setting up meetings, conference calls and other similar duties. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
- High School education or the equivalent.
- 2 years of administrative support experience.
- 1-3 years experience working in database management.
- 1-3 years experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion work. Possible to deepen experience on the job through classwork or other developmental training.
- 1-3 years experience in online or other research efforts.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to reason/analyze, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate patience, understanding.
- Ability to show initiative, organize workflow, manage one or more projects, and handle frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with people from all backgrounds—race, ethnicity, religion, orientation, gender, ability, language. Cultural competence expected. Diversity and inclusion experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical work environment is an office, working at a desk for long periods of time.
- Regular computer keyboard, mouse and monitor use. Repetitive arm, hand, finger motions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. Click here to apply.Apply Here
A program of Augsburg University in Minneapolis, Minnesota, The Forum designs and convenes programming for professionals seeking strategies, resources, and stretch opportunities for personal, professional, and organizational development. Over the past 33 years, our flagship conference has grown to become the largest and one of the most highly-valued workplace DEI learning experiences in the United States, bringing cross-sector leaders together to share practices, exchange ideas, and engage in experiential learning.
The Forum continues to be a hub for creative exploration and collaborative learning among DEI practitioners worldwide by keeping step with expanding global business communities and continually responding to the most current and emerging DEI issues and trends.
As communities experience charged dynamics around societal events, political shifts, and racial and religious polarization, it is more important than ever leaders have the mindsets, skill sets, and tool sets necessary for responsive leadership to drive strategies for advancing DEI in the workplace.
The 2022 conference will mark 34 years of The Forum, and it features a global line up of outstanding experts, presenters, educational experiences, and networking.
Today, The Forum on Workplace Inclusion® – or The Forum for short – operates as an organization offering a wide variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion events, programs, and resources in addition to our flagship event – the annual conference.
A world where all people in all workplaces have equitable access to everything they need to feel valued and thrive.
Our mission is to convene learning experiences and forge connections that engage, advance, and ignite bold thinking towards equitable workplace solutions for lasting impact.
Tagline: Engaging People. Advancing Ideas. Igniting Change.
About Augsburg University
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion® is based at one of the most diverse private colleges in the Midwest, Augsburg University in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Augsburg experience is supported by an engaged community committed to intentional diversity in its life and work.
Augsburg University offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and nine graduate degrees to 3,400 students of diverse backgrounds at its campus in the vibrant center of the Twin Cities and nearby Rochester, Minnesota, location. Augsburg educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, and shaped by its urban and global settings. Learn more at Augsburg.edu.