In 2018, over 400 different companies attended The Forum’s Annual Conference. For more stats on this global conference, click here to see our “By The Numbers” for 2017.
How many people attend The Forum each year?
Each year our attendance has grown. In 2017 we had 1458 people involved from 14 countries. 41 percent of those people work outside the fields of DEI and HR. This year, our goal is to host at least 1600 people.
Why commit and why attend The Forum?
The role of the DEI professional is evolving. People look to others to make decisive, informed decisions. Attending The Forum’s Annual Conference is a way to support DEI work and potentially advance your career. The Forum provides vital connections to industry experts and leaders. You will not only develop your skills and knowledge, but be a part of the ongoing, relevant conversation.
If you are not a DEI professional, creating an inclusive workplace is a vital function of every employee. There are multiple opportunities at the conference to learn how to be an inclusive leader, no matter your role in the organization.
What companies have attended The Forum in the past?
Over 300 different organizations attended The Forum in 2017! To see a list by industry, click here.
Convince Your Manager
How can I convince my manager that I should attend?
Here are a few tips for talking with your manager:
- Present how your entire team and company will benefit from these insights and information.
- Discuss how The Forum is the largest DEI conference in the world! Benefits include networking, interactive sessions and discussion, inspiring keynote speakers (including Magic Johnson in 2018!), and active discussion that forges new approaches and best practices for DEI work.
- Choose a mix of sessions and workshops that map out your customized conference agenda. Present those topics as part of your personal development goals.
- Don’t forget about the one hour of complimentary professional coaching! Click here for details about this unique offering that has received rave reviews and continues to be a valued part of our curriculum each year.
- Pick the right time and have your talking points ready. If you’d like to share some videos about the event, click here.
Worried your manager will say it’s too expensive?
Here are a few more talking points:
- The Forum is not just a three-day experience – benefits extend all year. We make it easy for you to capture notes and extend the learning to the rest of your team.
- If the concern is that you’ll be away for too long? No worries – we have free wi-fi and breaks built into the conference agenda for you to check in and stay in touch.
- Be sure to schedule a time for a download when you return and spend some time pulling together a great presentation for others to learn and discuss some key DEI topics that relate to your company’s business goals.
Plan Your Conference Experience
Where do I stay? I’m not familiar with the Twin Cities?
Do I pre-register for workshops and seminars?
- You pre-register for the 3-hour seminars on Day 1. This guarantees a seat in that seminar.
- For the workshops, we ask that you share those that you plan to attend or are of high interest to you. Why? Because we use this data to help plan room spaces at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Workshops with highest interest are given the most room space. Because you are only sharing your interest, we recommend arriving early to the workshops you plan to attend, noting they fill up and seats are not guaranteed once rooms have reached capacity. We do the best we can to anticipate and plan around this.