Frequently Asked Questions
How many people attend The Forum each year?
Why commit and why attend The Forum?
If you are not a DEI professional, creating an inclusive workplace is a vital function of every employee. There are multiple opportunities at the conference to learn how to be an inclusive leader, no matter your role in the organization.
What companies have attended The Forum in the past?
Convince Your Manager
How can I convince my manager that I should attend?
- Present how your entire team and company will benefit from these insights and information.
- Discuss how The Forum is the largest DEI conference in the world! Benefits include networking, interactive sessions and discussion, inspiring keynote speakers (see website for past speakers), and active discussion that forges new approaches and best practices for DEI work.
- Choose a mix of sessions and workshops that map out your customized conference agenda. Present those topics as part of your personal development goals.
- Don’t forget about the one hour of complimentary professional coaching! Click here for details about this unique offering that has received rave reviews and continues to be a valued part of our curriculum each year.
- Pick the right time and have your talking points ready. If you’d like to share some videos about the event, click here.
Worried your manager will say it’s too expensive?
- Certain industries have an opportunity to receive a discount on attendance:
- Government: 25%
- Non-profit: 40%
- Small business (< 5 million in annual budget): 40%
- The Forum is not just a three-day experience – benefits extend all year. We make it easy for you to capture notes and extend the learning to the rest of your team.
- If the concern is that you’ll be away for too long? No worries – we have free wi-fi and breaks built into the conference agenda for you to check in and stay in touch.
- Be sure to schedule a time for a download when you return and spend some time pulling together a great presentation for others to learn and discuss some key DEI topics that relate to your company’s business goals.
Plan Your Conference Experience
Where do I stay? I’m not familiar with the Twin Cities?
Do I pre-register for workshops and seminars?
- You pre-register for the 3-hour seminars on Day 1. This guarantees a seat in that seminar.
- For the workshops, we ask that you share those that you plan to attend or are of high interest to you. Why? Because we use this data to help plan room spaces at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Workshops with highest interest are given the most room space. Because you are only sharing your interest, we recommend arriving early to the workshops you plan to attend, noting they fill up and seats are not guaranteed once rooms have reached capacity. We do the best we can to anticipate and plan around this.
Why are there so many things happening at the same time?
What are Levels of Learning?
The Forum offers learning opportunities at any stage of depending on where participants are at on their learning journey. Conference sessions are grouped into one of three Levels of Learning:
- Introductory: Introduces basic building blocks and tactical applications
- Intermediate: Presents a more strategic application of the building blocks. Attendees should have experience with the challenges of a diverse workplace and the skills and tools needed to work within it.
- Advanced: Offers discussions of strategic challenges, next practices and innovative applications of the building blocks. Attendees should have subject matter expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion. Prerequisites may be required.
How do I sign up for the free hour of DEI coaching?
The best way is to sign up when you register. Our coaching team will contact you for more information and set you up with a coach that is going to work best for what you would like to discuss. If you forget or don’t sign up during registration, some limited appointments are available at the coaching center. This is an incredible free benefit!