In this episode of The Forum Podcast, Caidin Riley, (Minneapolis College) and John Parker Der Boghossian (Normandale Community College) explore disparate responses to compliance with Equity and Inclusion policies, laws, and regulations.
Subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Anchor
Too often Equity and Inclusion compliance is either undervalued or seen as optional; moreover, competing interests and lack of resources regulate Equity and Inclusion compliance to a marginalized status. This Podcast will explore disparate responses to compliance with Equity and Inclusion policies, laws, and regulations. Presenters will demonstrate several tool based solutions that address the root cause of this attitude of optional. Participants will be encouraged to reflect on the state and standards of this phenomena.
- Ability to understand the difference between being reasonable about challenges and being resistant to DEI
- Recognize and address overt and subtle forms of resistance
- Identify and apply appropriate tools or approaches to propose sound solutions to discriminatory policies, practices, and procedures
To connect with the presenters directly, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about the Intercultural Development Inventory: https://idiinventory.com/
- Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (https://www.hrc.org/
- HRC’s Healthcare Equality Index (https://www.hrc.org/
- Campus Pride Index (https://www.campusprideindex.
- Intersectionality Based Policy Analysis Framework (https://data2.unhcr.org/en/
- Intersectionality Primer – The African American Policy Forum (http://aapf.org/publications)
- Universal Design for Learning (http://www.cast.org/our-work/
- Universal Design – Seven Principles (https://www.udll.com/media-
room/articles/the-seven- principles-of-universal- design/)
- Textbook Referenced in Presentation: Diversity Resistance in Organizations Edited by Kecia M. Thomas (https://www.taylorfrancis.
- Data Disaggregation (Healthcare): https://www.policylink.org/
- Data Disaggregation (Education): https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2017/
- Data Disaggregation (Racial Equity): https://www.racialequitytools.
- Racial Equity Evaluation Tools: https://www.racialequitytools.