In this special bonus episode of The Forum Podcast, Lilian Eilers (The Blue Ocean Company) answer questions from listeners that attended our December 16, 2021 webinar Demystifying Culture: Building an Inclusive Culture that Lasts.
Subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Anchor
Lilian Eilers answer questions from our listening audience around these talking points:
- What is SWAM?
- Doesn’t pandering to the SWAM group have a reinforcing effect on their already disproportionate power and privilege?
- How can we prevent our culture change mission from becoming a struggle for power or domination?
- Does SWAM reinforce superiority and dominance?
- How to address a scarcity versus abundance mindset, especially with the SWAM group?
- How we can make the shift from extrinsic to intrinsic?
- What does it look like to promote psychological safety?
- How to make the “business” case for first responders (Fire Department/EMS etc.).
- What are the distinctions between urgency and speed? Where can a balance be found between the two to advance culture change?
For additional context and insight into this topic and conversation, watch the replay of Demystifying Culture: Building an Inclusive Culture that Lasts.