CEO and PublisherCompany: Diversity MBA (DMBA, Inc.)
Role: Session Presenter
Podcast Ep. 50: Effective DEI Strategies Align with what Employees want
2022 Conference Session: Inclusive Diversity and Equity in the Healthcare Industry (SL-6)
CEO and publisher of Diversity MBA, Pam McElvane is an experienced executive who has demonstrated leadership skills in both corporate and entrepreneurial business sectors. She is widely considered a thought leader in diversity best practices and created the Diversity MBA Inclusive Leadership Index, which uniquely measures all aspects of talent management. Pam is respected as a trusted advisor to corporate executives supporting their efforts to identify gaps in both their diversity and inclusion and talent management strategies. The marketplace recognizes her value-added process which identifies metrics and processes that cultivate an inclusive mind-set. Her ability to link marketplace trends to practical application allows professionals to engage and take deliberate action to move toward achieving their goals.
Pam is celebrating 19 years as an entrepreneur focused on identifying the best-in-class management practices that recognize both companies and professionals for excelling at this work. She has combined her skills as a corporate executive and community servant to build teams and develop strategies. Her gifts have allowed her to create Diversity MBA: a marketplace brand that blends talent development and recognition. The strategic pillars developed—publishing, benchmarking and facilitated training—has positioned Diversity MBA as the wholesome organization that delivers and communicates information on a scalable platform.
With this platform, Pam has the ability through speaking, writing, multimedia and blogging to embrace the world and support the development of emerging leaders to share their voice. Her passion to serve others has prompted her to serve on more than 30 boards and support the development and implementation of more than 25 strategic plans to build and/or support communities.
She is proudly a spouse for 19 years and the mother of three boys.
- Board Development Strategist and Governance Expert
- Chair, Illinois Study on Diversity, Discrimination and Equity in Private and Public Employment (2017)
- Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council Board
- Howard University Executive MBA Board
- Chair, LUV Institute Board
- Participates as a D&I business impact contributor on national and local radio and television (ABC, WGN and NBC)
- Has been published in several books, business publications and thought leadership white papers
Received numerous awards, most recently:
- Martin Luther King Excellence Award—Illinois Dept. of Human Rights
- Strategic Star from Diversity Woman; Phenomenal Women
- Black Women’s Expo
- Who’s Who Most Influential Chicago Spotlight
- Chicago Minority Business Supplier of the Year
- Regional Minority Business Supplier of the Year