34th Annual Conference
April 5-7, 2022
Our flagship event, the annual conference, is our premier learning opportunity at the cutting-edge of the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) landscape, and now it’s available ON-DEMAND!
Did you miss the opportunity to join us live at the 2022 Forum annual conference? Or maybe you’re hearing about the US’s largest workplace DEI conference for the first time? The great news is, it’s not too late! We are pleased to present The Forum’s 34th annual conference, Solving for X: Tackling Inequities in a World of Unknowns On-Demand!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 373-5994.
For questions about our on-demand packages, contact The Forum’s Director of Business Development Dr. Harry Petaway at email@example.com.
What is On-Demand?
How long do I get access?
THIS EVENT HAPPENED IN April. IS IT STILL RELEVANT?
What is this year's conference about?
How do I access all of the content?
How much does all of this cost?
Buying for a group? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for special group rates.
What’s Included with Conference On-Demand?
The 2022 Conference On-Demand package gives users all access to nearly every feature of the annual conference:
- 46 Workshops – What’s a conference without workshops? We cover topics or “tracks” from Critical Employment Practices (9), DEI Strategy (8), Diversity Leadership (7), Government (3), Healthcare (3), Higher Education (3), Innovation & Transformation (7), Social Responsibility (6). Workshops range from introductory, intermediate, and advanced levels. Click here to browse our sessions in advance.
- 4 Book Readings – Provocative readings by authors and brief discussion.
- 8 Featured sessions – Featured sessions provide a deeper look at the complex issues of inclusion measurement, organizational transformation, and the relationship between races
- 4 Art and Wellness Workshops – Four workshops specifically dedicated to art and or wellness.
- Our Exhibitor Showcase
- 5 Spotlights – The Forum Spotlight Series is back! These new Spotlights are 45-60 minute, expositions on important topics which we think you should know about.
- 18 Trend Talks – Do you love Ted Talks? Trend Talks are short 20 minute presentations at the cutting edge of the DEI landscape.
- 3 General Sessions, featuring Cassandra Worthy (Founder & CEO, Change Enthusiasm® Global) and Andrew Yang (Entrepreneur, Author, Philanthropist, Nonprofit leader, and Former US Presidential & NYC Mayoral candidate), and an eclectic guest speaker panel discussing some of the most pressing topics in DEI.
About this Year’s Conference
Developing Our Conference Theme
Each year, through research and analysis, we – The Forum – identify current and emerging trends across the global business landscape. After rounds of vetting and re-tooling, a conference theme is determined.
What’s the Purpose of a Conference Theme?
The conference theme is the guiding source for all of the content and programming during the conference year – both identifying current and emerging trends as well as pushing new conversations and thinking in the DEI space. Hours, days, and months were spent in researching and creating the conference theme.
2022 Conference Theme – Solving for X: Tackling Inequities in a World of Unknowns
As we look to a future of continuous and unforeseeable change, what must we do to tackle systemic inequities so deeply embedded in our everyday environments and raise up inclusive, equitable, and sustainable work cultures that maximize our pluralistic potential?
Main Stage General Sessions
Create momentum and energy by diving deeper into a stimulating variety of topics in this year‘s dynamic General Sessions. You’ll learn from both pioneers and emerging leaders in the diversity, equity, and inclusion field who bring different ideas, experiences and perspectives.
Day 3 Keynote Speaker Andrew Yang, Entrepreneur, Author, Philanthropist, Nonprofit Leader, and Former US Presidential and NYC Mayoral Candidate
Solving for X
The Forum is committed to providing space and time throughout 2022 where people can connect, share, listen, learn, question, debate, challenge, and explore with one another what it takes in practice–not just in theory–to advance equity in our work and world. It begins with coming together at the annual conference to Solve for X: Tackling inequities in a world of unknowns.
Think about this: x + 1 = 3
If you were asked to solve it, that would mean finding some value for x that gives you three when you add one to it. Something plus one is three – well, we know since 2 + 1 = 3, x = 2. That’s it.
That’s what solving an equation is all about! This works no matter how complicated the equation gets. The only difference is that with a simple equation like this, it was possible to just think about it, and get the answer. Let’s look at a more complex equation by solving x to prove this statement: “EQUITY is the solution to many of the world’s problems.”
Equity as the possible solution to many of our problems
In order to Solve for X, we must first shift from seeing EQUITY as the problem, to “solving for EQUITY” as the possible solution to many of our problems.
By assuming EQUITY as constant, we can begin to examine the other variables in the equation. This is our challenge: solving for X means finding what our equation requires from us to prove EQUITY true.
What Else Does the Forum Do?
Support the Forum
Who Attends the Annual Conference?
Marketplace of Ideas Exhibitors