Recorded: October 31, 2019
Presenters: Tim Walz, State of Minnesota | Chris Taylor, State of Minnesota | Migdalia Loyola Meléndez, State of Minnesota | Rebecca Lucero, State of Minnesota | Hamse Warfa, State of Minnesota | Erin Bailey, Minnesota Children’s Cabinet | Paul C. Pribbenow, Ph.D, Augsburg University
Watch as Minnesota Governor Tim Walz shares his vision for One Minnesota during The Forum on Workplace Inclusions October 31, 2019 Diversity Insights Breakfast event in Minneapolis, MN.
One Minnesota envisions a state where everyone can succeed. Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan feel a responsibility as leaders to ensure that everyone in our state has an opportunity to thrive. The administration’s strategy focuses internally and externally. Our state agencies must be inclusive, so they are better positioned to retain a diverse workforce and leverage the benefits of that diversity to create more innovative and equitable programs and services. At the same time, if we are going to address the inequities and disparities experienced by Minnesotans based on their age, race, zip code, ability, etc., we must work hand-in-hand with the communities themselves. This panel features key members of the Walz/Flanagan administration’s focus on equity who will share about their roles in creating One Minnesota.
Panel discussion with:
- Chris Taylor, Chief Inclusion Officer, Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Migdalia Loyola, Deputy Chief of Staff for Public Engagement, Office of Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan
- Rebecca Lucero, Commissioner for Department of Human Rights
- Hamse Warfa, Deputy Commissioner for Economic Development at the Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Erin Bailey, Assistant Commissioner for MN Management and Budget and Executive Director of the Minnesota Children’s Cabinet
Also featuring welcome and introduction by Augsburg University President Paul C. Pribbenow, Ph.D.