Media Contact: Ender Göçmen
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion
University of St. Thomas
Phone: (612) 373-5995
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion® 2021 Diversity Award Winners Announced
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — February 16, 2021 — The Forum on Workplace Inclusion (The Forum) has announced recipients of the 2021 Diversity Awards, which are
- Friend of The Forum Award – Manichan “Joy” Nguyen, Program Manager, Wells Fargo
- Winds of Change Award (Individual) – Candi Castleberry Singleton, Vice President of Diversity Partnership Strategy & Engagement, Twitter
- Winds of Change Award (Organization) – Barilla America
- Power the Future Award – Youlanda Gibbons, Founder and Executive Director, Partnership for Inclusion Leadership
“We were overwhelmed by the number of nominations this year…so many people and organizations doing such excellent work,” said Forum Executive Director, Steve Humerickhouse. “Consequently, we created an honorable mention category to make it possible to showcase as many of the nominations as we could,” he said.
2021 Honorable Mentions
- Winds of Change (Individual): Chris Crespo, Inclusiveness Director, Ernst & Young LLP, Secaucus, NJ, and Jared Daly, Regional Coordinator of Workforce Development, Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Cleveland, OH
- Winds of Change (Organizational): Partners In Diversity, Portland, OR, and Tinna Nielsen and Lisa Kepinski, Founders, Inclusion Nudges, Aarhus, Denmark
- Power the Future: Soumaya Khalifa, Founder/Executive Director, Islamic Speakers Bureau, Atlanta, GA, and Verona Mitchell, Equity And Inclusion Director, Department of Human Services, State of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
Award recipients’ justification, bio, and more information available at ForumWorkplaceInclusion.org/diversity-awards/
Recipients of the awards are recognized on March 12, 2021, during the closing general session, which is the fifth day of The Forum’s annual conference: Workplace Revolution. Recipients are also recognized on The Forum’s website and through communications to its large national and international network of professionals.
The Diversity Awards program is one of many components at The Forum’s annual conference – the largest workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) conference in the USA. Due to Covid-19, this year’s annual conference, themed Workplace Revolution, will be held VIRTUALLY and is scheduled for March 8 -12, 2021. For more information and to register, visit forumworkplaceInclusion.org/2021.
Since 2008, The Form’s Diversity Awards Program recognizes individuals or organizations showcasing exemplary insight and fortitude in the area of workplace diversity. Nominations are submitted for individuals, organizations, or a group within an organization such as an Employee Resource Group, Diversity Council, or Business Resource.
About The Forum
For 33 years, The Forum has served as a convening hub for those seeking to grow professional leadership and effectiveness skills in the field of DEI by engaging people, advancing ideas, and igniting change. It is hosted at Augsburg University located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The annual conference is HRCI and SHRM Continuing Education Credit (CEU) eligible.
For rates, registration, or more information, visit forumworkplaceInclusion.org.
Augsburg University offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and 11 graduate degrees to 3,400 students of diverse backgrounds at its campus in the vibrant center of the Twin Cities and nearby Rochester, Minnesota, location. Augsburg educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, and shaped by its urban and global settings. Learn more at Augsburg.edu.